Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Classes

Today, we had to take a taxi by ourselves for the first time and it actually didn’t end horribly. The cab driver was super nice and very patient with my Arabic. He kept stopping to show us pretty views and made me take a picture of a guy walking with his donkey (which actually turned out quite well). I have class weekdays from 9am-1pm. I have Ostatha Fatima from 9-11 and Ostatha Doha from 11-1. I like this system because it splits up the day and allows us to talk to different Arabic speakers. 

After class, Jasmine and I decided to attempt walking home. It took us an hour and we may have gotten lost a few times, but we made it back safe and sound. After our hour up-hill walk we were drained, so we slept for a couple hours and then Imane made us chicken. We went on a walk and then had second dinner (couscous), after which we were offered third dinner (harira). We kindly declined. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment