The trip to Merzouga was magical.
The food poisoning that followed soon after, however, was underwhelming (to say the least).
Monday and Tuesday I was unable to go to class because I was so sick. As it turns out, everybody who went to Merzouga (except for the two vegetarians) came down with the stomach bug and one girl even had to go to the hospital for dehydration!
Here's a fun thing I learned about Moroccan culture: when you are sick, everybody you know and their family comes to visit you. I suppose the logic here is that seeing friends will cheer you up, but I was seriously not ready to entertain. Luckily, my mono kicked in and I slept through most of the potential visits.
There is good news though! Here in Morocco they have a medicine called Smecta and it kicks Pepto's butt! I am on the road to recovery.
Bring some Smecta back with you! It sounds like nirvana for stomach bugs.
ReplyDelete